Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Why I will never take summer classes again

...or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Cultural-Studies Kids.


"Hi, I'm Katie, and my favourite book is George Orwell's Nineteen Eighty-Nine."


Guy: "Its like, he knows that we know that he knows that we know."
Prof: "Hmm, that's a good point. Let's come back to that."


Me: "Did you see the scene when he just slapped her across the face? It was so ridiculous! French movies are hilarious."
Cultural Studies Guy: "If you're laughing at that scene, you're laughing at all of the victims of Hiroshima."


Cultural Studies Girl: "I don't do books. Are we watching a movie soon?"

I realize that most of these quotes, devoid of context, make me look like a huge lit snob. Which I kind of am even IN context, so whatever. I still stand by my assertion that you should not be able to get an English degree without ever taking a lit class.

No comments:

Post a Comment