Tuesday, June 2, 2009

and another thing...

I know, I know; a week of nothing and then two posts in one day. I obviously have an exam tomorrow.

I'm sitting here pretending to read my notes on the stories for my American Lit class, and all I want to do is read something FOR PLEASURE. I'm staying with my friend Beth right now, and her stack of Orwell and Dostoevsky is beckoning to me.

Thats right, I would read Dostoevsky right now if it meant I could curl up with a blanket and a cup of tea and drift off into another world. A world full of prostitutes, criminals, and spitefull old men maybe, but a different world nonetheless.

Instead of giving even treatment to all the stories in my coursepack, I am compulsively going back and rereading the last paragraph of Rick Moody's "Demonology", the titular story from the next collection I am going to blow my non-existant cash on. I can pretty much quote it by now, but I'm not going to, because once I get a copy of that book, I am going to forcibly lend it to everyone who reads this pathetic excuse for a blog anyway.

You might think I'm joking, but if there's anything I've learned from this Lit class, its that irony and humour died on 9/11.

This exam is going to murder me slowly.

No comments:

Post a Comment