Friday, November 6, 2009

Multi-tasking

When I attempt to do too many things at once, it usually results in my doing all of them very poorly. I think this month is an excellent example!

Not only am I supposed to be like, you know, finishing my last semester as an undergrad and reveling in the glory that is heavily subsidized post-secondary education in a welfare state, but I also have a part time job. I spend more time thinking of ways to get out of my shifts that I actually do working each week, so this in turn eats up a big part of my already meager spare time.

This being November of all months, I've also committed myself (loudly, publicly) to finishing my 50,000 words for NaNoWriMo by the end of the month. Throw in the usual family commitments, boyfriend time and freaking out about my future, and you've got an all-time high of multi-tasking for me.

End result? I'm already 6,000 words behind, I've got a pile of readings and assignments clogging up my desk, I still don't know how to conjugate Italian verbs, and I'm neglecting my social obligations. Somehow, I've managed to convince my superiors that I am "Team Captain" material, though I haven't been bothered yet to figure out what that means (or if it comes with a pay-raise).

But at least now I don't have to feel bad about neglecting my blog, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment